Building a company culture of engaged employees:
- Culture guides optional behaviour and it picks up where the employee and leadership handbook leaves off;
- Culture tells us how to respond to an unprecedented request;
- It welcomes new thoughts into the light and allows learning of the mistakes made;
- Employees make hundreds of decisions on their own every day, and the culture is our guide;
- These are our waypoints on our way, even though the dark;
- Culture tells us what to do when senior management isn’t in the room;
- It represent the everyday nature and scenery.
Please note about the core values: Values are those behaviours that will never change no matter how the company changes.
- Caring: Show your employees you genuinely care about them in the totality of their lives;
- Connect: Don’t isolate yourself;
- Clear Mission: What the company does;
- Superior Performance: Focus on the everyday task, and how we deliver;
- Respect: Show your employees respect;
- Know about your colleagues: It’s about getting to know colleagues not just as colleagues, but what they’re like outside the office;
- Celebrations: You can’t underestimate the importance of recognising your team or the individual;
- Communication: Encourage formal and informal communication consistently and at all levels of the company;
- Commitment to Learning: Show your employees you’re committed to their professional growth;
- Consistency: Culture is based on traditions;
- Leadership: Leaders must motivate, inspire and take the lead;
- Second chance: An extra chance is given.
Book a talk about building company culture: